The Hype is real - MBakery


    Finally I was able to visit the infamous Mbakery in BGC. I have been dying to taste their pudding ever since they open their very first branch in the Philippines last August 22, 2018.  I already know how expensive their treats are by spying IG posts and a few blogs that's why I am not surprised anymore.
   

     Since I arrived near closing time, I was left with few cupcake flavors to choose from.





















The store has a few tables and they were all occupied so I had order for to-go and eat it somewhere else.


Hummingbird cupcake costs PHP 165.00 each

I love their cream cheese frosting, It's not too sweet, it's a little  bit salty in fact which is amazing because it's difficult to make cream cheese frosting this thick without tons of sugar.


Blonde Marble cupcake costs PHP 165.00 each. I fell in love with this one too. Fluffy and marvelous!

Banana Pudding small costs PHP 145.00 each

The reason why I visited the store is their banana pudding. It's mouth watering just by seeing posts on Instagram and everybody seems to love it, so I really had to taste it otherwise those pictures will haunt me forever  LOL. 

Indeed it is delicious but I think I had way too much expectations compared to what it actually tastes like, maybe because of the hype and the longing to taste it.

 Overall, They have high quality pastries, probably the most delicious cupcakes in the Philippines next to my homemade cupcakes (just kidding 😁) who knows. It is a bit pricey by the way, so most likely Starbucks Sticky Cinnamon would still be my go to "gimme some cheesy and sweet" moments which is almost everyday haha but I would definitely buy MBakery goodies once in a while. 

 Look! Their is secret recipes in a book. I would love to have one, although their banana pudding recipe is already in YouTube but I am dying to know how they make their incredible frostings.

P.S. Nilla wafers, one of the most essential ingredient of banana pudding is not available in the Philippines😱 Don't panic! I have seen a tutorial somewhere, it's doable! We can make it from scratch, I'll try to make  one and share it here. XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cat cafe moCHA in Harajaku

Day 2: Hanbok experience in Gyeongbokgung Palace

VIP Cinema experience at Venice grand canal mall